Rose City Ford Sales Limited
Accessible Customer Service Policy
July 1, 2016
Rose City Ford Sales Limited believes that becoming accessible means developing a plan on how our organization will provide service to customers with disabilities.
The following document outlines our accessible customer service policy, including practices and procedures.
Providing Goods and Services to Individuals with Disabilities
Rose City Ford Sales Limited is committed to excellence in serving all customers including individuals with disabilities. In doing so, we have made a conscience commitment to ensuring customer service accessibility guidelines within our organization are in line with the following four key principles:
Dignity - Service is provided in a way that allows the
person with a disability to maintain self-respect and the respect of others.
Individuals with disabilities are not treated as an afterthought or forced to
accept lesser service, quality or convenience.
Independence - Allowing a person with a disability to undertake tasks independently without unnecessary help, or interference from others.
Integration - Service is provided in a way that allows the person with a disability to benefit from the same services, in the same place, and in the same or similar way as other customers, unless an alternate measure is necessary to enable the individual to access our goods, services or facilities.
Equal Opportunity - Individuals with disabilities have an opportunity to access our goods, services and facilities equal to that given to others.
Rose City Ford Sales Limited is devoted to:
- Permitting customers with disabilities to benefit from goods and services while on our premises, in a fashion that is equal to the way that we deal with non-disabled customers
- Providing customers with disabilities the same opportunity to access our services and products as that provided to non-disabled customers.
- Ensuring a professional environment that promotes barrier-free access for all of our customers as delegated by the legislation put forth by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
Rose City Ford has developed the following policies and procedures and has trained all staff on the details of the following practices:
- People with disabilities may use their personal assistive devices when accessing our goods, services or facilities.
- We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various on-site assistive devices or those devices that accompany our customers while accessing our goods, services or facilities.
- We will assist customers utilizing wheelchairs, motorized scooters, crutches or canes by cordially opening doors for them as needed. We will also remove possible obstacles to access such as signage, displays or chairs.
- Rose City Ford Sales Limited employees will communicate with disabled individuals in a manner that takes into account our customers' disability.
- We will plan for customer appointments so that proper accessibility is provided.
- We will be prepared and trained in the use of alternative communication modes such as reading invoices or other documents to those with limited vision or using a pencil and paper to communicate with those who have difficulty with hearing.
- We will use appropriate language when describing individuals with disabilities (e.g. instead of using the word "slow" we will use "mentally challenged" etc.)
- Rose City Ford Sales Limited will provide documents or information to our customers in a format that takes into account their particular disability.
- Rose City Ford Sales Limited welcomes individuals with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed in the areas of our premises that are open to the public.
- We will not interact with service animals without first requesting permission from the individual using the service animal.
- An individual with a disability will be welcome to be accompanied on the premises by their support person.
- A fee will not be charged for support persons to accompany a Rose City Ford customer on our premises.
- We will consult with the person with a disability to understand their needs and consider health or safety reasons based on available evidence.
- We will request permission from our Rose City Ford customer to discuss personal financial information in front of that support person before doing so.
- We will ensure that both our disabled customer and their support person understand that the support person is there to help with accessibility issues and not to direct or act on behalf of our customer. This respects our disabled customer's independence as well as adheres to privacy legislation.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
- In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities in our New or Pre-Owned Vehicle Sales Department, Service Centre, Collision Centre, Parts Department, or Detail Department; Rose City Ford Sales Limited will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
- The notice will be placed at the public entrance of each department as soon as we are aware of the interruption, as well as on the company website as soon as the interruption is anticipated.
- Rose City Ford Sales Limited will provide training on accessible customer service to all employees (paid and unpaid, full-time, part-time and contract positions), volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. We will also train those who do not deal with the public on a regular basis because we fully embrace the spirit of this legislation and believe it is pertinent to our business.
- Individuals in the following positions will be trained: sales staff, administrative staff, service advisors, service and collision technicians, all levels of management, shuttle drivers, parts counter persons, receptionists.
- Training has been provided to current staff as of July 1, 2016.
- Training sessions will be held 3 times per year. On a go-forward basis, in April, August and December.
- New staff will be trained at the first available session subsequent to their date of hire.
Training Sessions will Include the Following:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Rose City Ford Sales Limited's policies related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person.
- How to use the available on-site or other assistive devices that may help with providing goods, services or facilities to people with disabilities.
- Training on the unique needs of various disabilities.
- How to recognize and communicate with individuals with disabilities in an optimal manner.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing Rose City Ford Sales Limited's goods, services or facilities.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service policies.
- Rose City Ford is committed to meet and exceed our customers' expectations. Therefore, our customers are invited to provide feedback on our accessible services to any member of our management team.
- We will provide or arrange for accessible formats and communication supports, upon request.
- We also have a feedback link on our website which will be routed to the appropriate personnel.
- All feedback (including complaints) will be initially assessed by the Customer Relationship Specialist who will liaise with Executive Management, John and Sophia Chisholm, with the intent of creating a viable solution.
- Our customers can expect a reply to their comment within 1-5 business days.
- Any policy of Rose City Ford Sales Limited that does not respect and promote the principles dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Please see the below form designated for your feedback. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to comment below and a member of our Executive Team will be in contact with you shortly.